Exclusively for Firefighter and Future Firefighter Members
Sometimes all it takes is a small boost to achieve a goal or to reach that next level in your professional readiness. That's why HFDFCU has created our latest Lifeline Benefit: firefighter grants. Firefighter and future firefighter members of HFDFCU are eligible to receive individual grants of $500 for firefighter- and fire science-related training and professional development.
- For current firefighters: Use it for any out-of-pocket, non-reimbursed expenses related to initial or recurrent training, certification, or other professional development that supports firefighting in Hawaii.
- For future firefighters: Any recruit training, prep class, or fire science courses completed in preparation for becoming a firefighter.
Applying is easy
We've made it simple to apply. Complete the application and provide requested documents, then send to us to begin the review process.
- Applications are reviewed as they are received.
- Funds are released in full after approval.
- Applications not funded can be re-queued for next period.